Guild members captured the interest of shoppers with their spinning and weaving at the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market last October. See the News page for more photos of our members demonstrating.
EWG Out and About
Demo Volunteer Opportunities
Spinners, weavers and felters are needed to demonstrate their skills at the Deep Freeze Festival, Saturday and Sunday, January 12 and 13, 2019. The shifts are 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m. and 2:45 to 6:00 p.m.
Volunteers will have all day access to volunteer food and beverages, as well as some Deep Freeze swag, and Deep Freeze volunteers to help you unload and load, keep the heaters going, as well as watching tables for food and comfort breaks. You will also be invited to the volunteer banquet.
Guidelines for Volunteering
- Please come to the venue on time with all your materials and equipment.
- Bring your own equipment or arrange for pickup of EWG equipment.Remember to bring EWG promotional materials: class flyers, bookmarks, postcard, and sale flyers when they are available.
- EWG has the following items available to borrow for demos:
- demo loom
- demo spinning wheel
- signage and publicity materials
- a bin of drop spindles and roving
- the lovely Tess, a visual display of our talents.
- Volunteers should wear their EWG name tags.
- You are representing the EWG. You may just work at your craft, or if you are more outgoing you may want to talk with interested people to promote the EWG, our classes, study groups, activities and Annual Sale.
- If you wish to sell your items at a venue you need to contact the venue as an individual.
- To borrow any of the demo items, to request a name tag, or ask questions, please contact email@example.com