Guild members captured the interest of shoppers with their spinning and weaving at the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market last October. See the News page for more photos of our members demonstrating.
EWG Out and About
Demo Volunteer Opportunities
We have three opportunities in May.
- Saturday, May 11, from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. Drayton Valley Health Foundation Medieval Night (a fundraiser in support of palliative care).
- Monday, May 20 (Victoria Day) 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Ukrainian Cultural Village Celebration of Spring
- Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Leduc West Antiques Society Tractor Pull and Swap Meet.
If you are available for any of these events, if you have questions or suggestions for new venues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following events will be confirmed for early June:
- Fibre in the Park, Multicultural Centre, Stony Plain
- June 8, Knit in Public Day.
Guidelines for Volunteering
- Please come to the venue on time with all your materials and equipment.
- Bring your own equipment or arrange for pickup of EWG equipment.Remember to bring EWG promotional materials: class flyers, bookmarks, postcard, and sale flyers when they are available.
- EWG has the following items available to borrow for demos:
- demo loom
- demo spinning wheel
- signage and publicity materials
- a bin of drop spindles and roving
- the lovely Tess, a visual display of our talents.
- Volunteers should wear their EWG name tags.
- You are representing the EWG. You may just work at your craft, or if you are more outgoing you may want to talk with interested people to promote the EWG, our classes, study groups, activities and Annual Sale.
- If you wish to sell your items at a venue you need to contact the venue as an individual.
- To borrow any of the demo items, to request a name tag, or ask questions, please contact email@example.com