Guild members captured the interest of shoppers with their spinning and weaving at the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market last October. See the News page for more photos of our members demonstrating.
EWG Out and About
Demo Volunteer Opportunities
During Summer 2017, more than 20 members of the Edmonton Weavers’ Guild provided demos for events including: The Works, Leduc Antique Society Exhibition, Mission Hill Day at Father Lacombe Chapel, Ukrainian Heritage Village. Fort Edmonton and the Creativ Festival. See the News page for photos. It was wonderful to see new members, Juniors and beginners come out. Thank you!
Come join us! Members with skills at any level are welcome! This is a great way to meet and mingle with fellow members. If you are not able to volunteer but would like to stop by, bring a drop spindle and come along!
Volunteers are needed Monday, May 21, 2018 – Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village, Celebration of Spring, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Free parking and passes for the day.
Thank you to everyone who has given their time to demonstrate! Please contact email@example.com if you can support the Guild.
Guidelines for Volunteering
- Please come to the venue on time with all your materials and equipment.
- Bring your own equipment or arrange for pickup of EWG equipment.Remember to bring EWG promotional materials: class flyers, bookmarks, postcard, and sale flyers when they are available.
- EWG has the following items available to borrow for demos:
- demo loom
- demo spinning wheel
- signage and publicity materials
- a bin of drop spindles and roving
- the lovely Tess, a visual display of our talents.
- Contact Tara Nixon to arrange for use of any of these items.
- Edmonton Weavers Guild volunteers should wear their name tags. If you need a name tag, please let Tara Nixon know and one will be provided.
- If you are representing Edmonton Weavers Guild, you may want to just work at your craft. If you are a more outgoing volunteer, you may want to talk with interested people. In that case we ask you to promote the EWG and educate the public about our classes, study groups and activities including our sale. (Every item at our sale has been approved by a panel of Standards experts.) If you wish to sell your items at a venue, please feel free to contact them as an individual.
- If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org