Guild members captured the interest of shoppers with their spinning and weaving at the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market last October. See the News page for more photos of our members demonstrating.
EWG Out and About
Demo Volunteer Opportunities
Here are the upcoming volunteer opportunities for May – November 2018. Events that are not yet confirmed are likely to take place. Some of the times have not yet been set. Some events may be added; an update will be circulated in July. As in the past, all EWG members are welcome to represent us at these events. A variety of presentation styles can be successful to draw interest and even some new members. Volunteers get free entry to the site, and get to know other members better. Please check your calendars to find the event(s) that you can help with, and contact email@example.com.
Come join us!
- May 21 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Spring Celebration at Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village. A few members have already volunteered for this event.
- June 9 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Fibre in the Park – Multicultural Heritage Village in St. Albert. This is Knitting in Public Day, something new and fun!
- June 24 Vintage Day and Friends Ukrainian Music Fest. A few members have already volunteered for this event.
- June 22 – July 3 The Works at Enterprise Square. We have signed up for noon – 3:00 p.m. on June 24 and 25. Please feel free to ask about any date in the week.
- July 1 Canada Day at Father Lacombe Chapel Provincial Historic Site
- July 14 Leduc Art Walk – (unconfirmed).
- July 21-22 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. K Days at Northlands
- July 21 Leduc West Antiques Society Annual Exposition (unconfirmed)
- July 22 Taste of the Past at Father Lacombe Chapel Provincial Historic Site
- August 12 Mission Hill day at Father Lacombe Chapel Provincial Historic Site
- September 1 – 3 Harvest Festival at Fort Edmonton Park (unconfirmed)
- September 6, 7, 8 Creative Festival at Millenium Place in Sherwood Park
- September 9 Harvest of the Past at Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- September 15 Leduc West Antiques Society Fall Harvest andTractor Pull
- September 16 12:00 noon – 4:00 p.m. Harvest Festival at St. Albert Grain Elevator Park
- September 29 Edmonton Weavers’ Guild 65th Anniversary! Details TBA.
- October 20 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Shifts) Old Strathcona Farmers’ market
- October 27 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Shifts) Old Strathcona Farmers’ market
- November 3 EWG Sale Details TBA
Guidelines for Volunteering
- Please come to the venue on time with all your materials and equipment.
- Bring your own equipment or arrange for pickup of EWG equipment.Remember to bring EWG promotional materials: class flyers, bookmarks, postcard, and sale flyers when they are available.
- EWG has the following items available to borrow for demos:
- demo loom
- demo spinning wheel
- signage and publicity materials
- a bin of drop spindles and roving
- the lovely Tess, a visual display of our talents.
- Contact Tara Nixon to arrange for use of any of these items.
- Edmonton Weavers Guild volunteers should wear their name tags. If you need a name tag, please let Tara Nixon know and one will be provided.
- If you are representing Edmonton Weavers Guild, you may want to just work at your craft. If you are a more outgoing volunteer, you may want to talk with interested people. In that case we ask you to promote the EWG and educate the public about our classes, study groups and activities including our sale. (Every item at our sale has been approved by a panel of Standards experts.) If you wish to sell your items at a venue, please feel free to contact them as an individual.
- If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org