The Edmonton Weavers’ Guild was founded in 1953 to encourage local weavers and spinners to meet, exchange ideas and learn. Initially meeting in member’s homes, then the Southwest Cultural Centre, King Edward School and the Prince of Wales Armouries. Now we are located in the Strathcona Community League Hall, at 10139-87 Ave. We are more than weavers and spinners. Many of our members are also dyers and felters.
Currently we have over 100 members. We are a community of like-minded textile and fibre lovers who benefit through friendship, study groups, a library, equipment rentals, studio space and our Annual Sale, as well as classes and workshops. Our classes and workshops are open to non-members.